Church of St. Catherine


Right next to the Greek orthodox side is the Church of St. Catherine, which is a very beautiful church on the inside and out. It is very Catholic looking to me and all that entails.

I mean the inside looks like the Pope. The ceiling looks like his hat and the colors match his robe.



















The stained glass was phenomenal and there were much more than just these two. It was a really beautiful and modern looking building. Also this is the church where the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem celebrates Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve.


Actually I forgot to read the inscription on this statue, but I liked the way it looked.

So, this was the last place that I stopped for the day. I went back to Khalid's souvenir shop and didn't buy anything to their dismay, and his friend actually asked me to pay for the milk that he had made for my coffee, imagine that?! I seriously think they were expecting that I'd drop a couple hundred dollars there or something, but I just wasn't interested. At first I was really annoyed, but then I realized that the area really is in a very depressed situation and people are just trying to make ends meet. However, I ended up giving Khalid a large tip, and get this. . . he asked for more! Well, he was a good guide for the day, and I'm glad I ran into him.
I took the shuttle back to Jerusalem and rested the remainder of the day.

No comments: