Hebron-The Cave of the Patriarchs

Khalid showed me around the Market area and I could easily detect how depressed this area is. Again I couldn't help but notice the difference in the spirit of this place. It was a heavy, oppressive and burdensome area and I'm learning that it is directly related to the religion and the people, Islam and Arabs. However, Hebron is the second most holiest city for Jews because of the tombs of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. But it is also holy for the Muslims, for they consider the Patriarchs of Judaism, major prophets of Islam as well.








Some people were friendly, like this guy, who insisted on being in a picture with me, but he was certainly the exception.











We passed this little shoe repair shop, and I thought this looked like something out of the 19th Century, so old fashioned and archaic, but this is the life in Hebron.











We finally made it to the Cave of the Patriarchs, and I found out that it is divided into two sections, the Muslim quarters and the Jewish quarters.
Khalid wanted to show me the Muslim quarters first, so in we went.

No comments: