Sunday May 11, 2008 - In Honor of my Mom -Mother's Day





Today I'm thinking of my Mom! Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and wish I could sit with her again and thank her for being that unique light of love that she is to me. I miss her very much!



She always said that a red rose was her favorite flower, because it reminded her of her Mother. This was the last bouquet that I could send to her on Mother's Day 2004.



Happy Mother's Day Mom!

































Later in the day I went to the King of King's church service and just had a great time of worhip and praise. Today is also Day of Pentecost, commemorating the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the disciples and other followers of Jesus as recorded in Acts chapter 2.
For Jews, Pentecost is a parallel to Shavout, as Easter is to Passover. According to the Bible, on Passover, the Jews were delivered from slavery in Egypt; on Easter, mankind was delivered from slavery to sin; on Shavout, the Children of Israel received the "Law"; on Pentecost, the Church received the fullness of the Holy Spirit.

It was an excellent service and at the end of it, the Pastor invited Raleigh Washington to end the service in prayer.


I couldn't believe it, Brother Washington is from Church in the City in Denver, and preached many times when I attended there.

He is the co-president of a ministry named the Road to Jerusalem, http://www.roadtojerusalem.com/, alongside Coach Bill McCartney of Promise Keepers. The ministry seeks to bring peace and reconciliation to Jews and Gentiles in Jesus. It was great to see a familiar face, and he enlightened me on what was going on with the ministry and with the church. He runs the ministry out of Church in the City.

No comments: