Meeting Tayser



As we drove through a few of the Druze villages, we came upon this village named, Majdal Shams, and there was this monument, memorializing the Druze battles and struggles throughout history and the many fickle conquests of this area between Syria, Lebanon and Israel. And it you'll get a different answer as to who the land belongs to, depending on who you ask.







So Hosi wanted me to meet one of his childhood buddies named Tayser, and so he took me to his house. Tayser spoke perfect English, because he visited the States last year and stayed for almost 3 months, where not only did he meet the love of his life, but he also became a born again Christian and let me tell you, it is the real deal for him. He says "I have Jesus in my heart and I cannot explain it, but it has changed my life, I have peace!" Amen to that! So he's going back to Chicago this year to marry his fiance and become an American citizen.
He was very hospitable and a great person to meet and who'd'a thunk that I'd be sitting here in one of the most remote areas in Israel, where no tourists ever come, sitting in this guys living room, talking about the love of Jesus? Wow, it was surreal!
Hosi would snicker when Tayser would talk about the Lord, he's not quite ready to meet Jesus, but Tayser says he witnesses to him a lot.



This is the view of the village from Tayser's house. It's really a great view.














And as we left Tayser's home and Majdal Shams, Hosi said he wanted to show me a place where you can see 4 countries from one view.









But first we stopped at this really cool coffee place for some java. I just really liked this Egyptian mural and the decor of this coffe house, it was fancy.

No comments: