When I returned I spent these two days resting, relaxing, studying and just taking it easy. I've been engrossed in a study of Israel, from the Bible as well as studying much of the history online. I also have been blessed to have found some teaching material from an amazing teacher named Derek Prince www.derekprince.org which has been an incredible time of study for me. The Lord has been using his teachings to speak right to my heart.
So the last two days I've been more reclusive in my studies, which is every bit as exciting to me as the excursions. However, I am so close to the Old City, that I generally go there every day to eat or to explore, there's so much to see, and everytime I wander out there's a photo op of some kind. I just happened to be walking to the Old City and this group of Israeli soldiers just propped down on this as if they were waiting for me to take their picture.
Then they sat down in this posed formation, not sure why, but it seemed like a great picture, so I took one.
And as I walked on down to Jaffa Gate, I snapped this one of some Greek Orthodox Jews. Gotta tell ya, those big furry hats crack me up.
So I went and had some lunch at my favorite place, the Christ Church, they have the best food in town and it's all you can eat. As I headed back to my place
And everytime I pass this one street I see this same ominous looking character at this exact same place, just looking out onto the Old City. I know, it's kinda creepy. I've never talked to him but maybe some day I will.
+of+July+07+083.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment