Today was a very random day in that I had no concrete plans. As usual, I went to Christ Church for lunch, it just has the best food I have found in all of Israel. Actually an American lady is the chef and she prepares these great casseroles, and of course it's all you can eat so that keeps me coming back.
Afterwards I left the Old City and really just wanted to take a walk and it seemed anywhere I went I found someplace really interesting like the Menachem Begin Heritage Museum. He was the former prime minister of Israel and a Nobel Peace Prize winner for achieving peace with Egypt. The main goal of the center is to serve as an educational outlet for young people. It is meant to help bring about strong and passionate Israeli leaders. This mission is also inspired by Begin's own work and his personal philosophies
Had to get one more shot of the Old City. This was taken from the Heritage Center.
Then I walked a little ways to this place. I would always see it on post cards and wondered what it was. Well it's the Moses Montefiore Windmill. Montefiore was one of the most famous British Jews in the 19th century. Montefiore was a financier, stockbroker, banker, philanthropist and for a while the Sheriff of London.
And as I walked around this area, it was surrounded by some beautiful landscaping. I thought this flower bush was stunning.
+of+July+07+083.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment