Friday May 9, 2008 (Shabbat starts at dusk)

I spent most of the day today studying, but I ventured out at around dusk to the Old City to meet my friend Doris, who I hadn't seen since Tiberius. She was on her way through Jerusalem from Haifa. She was running a bit late so I walked around a little and









headed through the Jaffa Gate like many of the Jews heading towards the Western Wall for Shabbat prayer. I hadn't been to the Western Wall at night so I trekked over for a few pics. It was packed like I had imagined, but there's always an interesting energy when that many people are gathered in one place just to pray.










And I had just enough time to snap a couple of shots of these strange cats who perch themselves in the weirdest places almost to say, "Hey wanna take my picture? Look I'm at the Western Wall" I almost felt as if they wanted me to give them something for taking these shots. It made me laugh!

No comments: