Monday May 5, 2008 -Golan Heights

So, after leaving the mount area, we took off through the entire Golan area, and I think Hosi mentioned that there were 4 major Druze villages in that area and this is one of them.









And to my surprise, Yes, the have skiing in this area, the only ski lodge in Israel is right here. The Golan climate is very much like Colorado, because it's elevated, and they get annual snow in the winter. I didn't see any ski lifts though, they might use donkeys










We drove by this nature reserve which is an archaeolgical site and nature reserve. We didn't go in, but I took this pic and the proceeding one from this area.




These are some of the archaeological finds at Banias.


And of course you can't go many places without seeing the military influence. This is an American tank, btw. No surprise.

No comments: