Random Shots


So I left the cave and headed past Damascus gate, this is primarily the Arab section of the Old City and there always seems to be more security in this area.
















I wasn't quite sure what this guy was doing, then I realized he is a portable 'hookah" guy, or 'shisha' as they say in Arabic. I thought this guy would make a fortune if he hung around college campuses.
















Then I realized that I was very close to the Garden Tomb, which was my original destination, but this was from a different vantage point. I didn't enter into the Garden, this was a view of the Skull or Golgatha, where Jesus was crucified, according to Evangelical Christians. There's a mosque built right next to it, and on top of the hill you can see a TV antenna and what looks like a burial place, of what I'm not sure.







And here is a better view of the Skull.











Afterwards I walked around to David's Court, next to Jaffa Gate, because I wanted to walk on top of the Old City Ramparts, or wall, and look out onto the Old City and Jerusalem.

No comments: